Tuesday, November 12, 2013

11-12-13

I had something prewritten that I was going to put up, but I was moved to write this instead. Today I was in a slump. I just didn't want to do anything, and for the most part I didn't. Nothing just felt important. I tried working on essays and writing, but just couldn't get into anything. 

This evening however, I went to a packing party for Operation Christmas Child. Click the link to go to their site, but essentially, they accept donated shoe boxes filled with candy, small toys, personal hygiene items, and other things, and take them around the world to Children in third world and poor neighborhoods.

I went just for the heck of it, to get out of the dorm, but I got there and I felt God motivating me to participate. I had fun, filling boxes for kids, talking to my friends and just hanging out. It reminded me today what all of this is for: children.

Everything I do is for them, to help create a world that is favorable to them, to teach them how to live, and to be an example to follow. It may sound pretentious, but teaching is what I am in this world for. Everything I ever teach, everything I ever write, God let it teach future generations how to change the world for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment