Friday, June 6, 2014

I once had an idea...

For a television show. One of my favorite shows growing up was Scrubs, and sitcoms like Friends and Seinfeld. I was exploring every possibility in writing, including TV. So I came up with an idea for a show, but I never got around to making a pilot.

The story would center on a young dentist. This guy would be a very methodical person, very by-the-book, and into his work. He is a great dentist, very knowledgable and skilled, but ultimately boring. He had his practice and a couple of friends, but not much of a life.

Then, one day, to his horror, a candy store opens across the street from him, and he's upset because dental hygene is his thing. It outrages him to the point where he goes over and plans to give the owner a piece of his mind. However, he finds the store owner is a very pretty young lady. This lady is super excited and loves candy, and it drives the dentist crazy.

Like other sitcoms, these two would work through antics based on their differences, grow to accept one another and maybe become an item. It would have lots of laughs and plenty of emotional moments. It fell through the cracks because I realized writing for TV and teaching would be too difficult, and if I wasn't teaching, I'm not sure I could come up with more than three seasons of material.

That was a dream at one point, but sadly I had to put it on the shelf for good. It'll probably stay there forever as a nice idea, and maybe at one point I could give it to someone else. However, everything else is still going well. Slowly, but I'm getting the bulk of it done now since I don't have any classes until July. Thanks for all the support and I hope you continue following.

No comments:

Post a Comment