Monday, April 14, 2014

As a historian, I think its going to be interesting to one day study the early history of the internet. I think many people now don't appreciate or even notice the impact the internet has had on our culture. Our grandparents and parents when they were our age would not have been able to fathom the internet, and I know because I can't fathom its size now. It seems like every week I discover a new internet celebrity or website that has been around since the beginning of the internet. When I was in school, my parents still had dial-up, and the school obviously put limits on what students were allowed to look at. The internet was just a tool. I knew there were some cool things on it, but for the most part it was information. Information is a big part of the internet, but there's so much more to it. It wasn't until I got into college that I had the opportunity to actually dig into the internet. Since then, I can say the internet has changed everything about my life, from the entertainment I like to the ideals I hold. It's given me the outlet to become a writer and actually publish a book. If you're reading this, I encourage you to look into some of the history of this place called the internet. It's changed our world, but for better or for worse? It's chaos sometimes, and only history will tell of its ultimate impact on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment