Monday, February 24, 2014

Editing

With my manuscript finished, I'm now in the editing phase of the project. I think I enjoy editing as much as I do writing, and for the opposite reasons. I enjoy the writing process because I alone have control of the story and what directions it will go. I set my own pace and decide what is important.

Writing I do by myself, and therefore it takes forever. Editing larger projects is usually a group effort. I'm lucky enough to have some friends I can call on to be a small editing team. I'm grateful for every fresh set of eyes. A finished manuscript is still a rough cut that needs to be smoothed out and made beautiful.

Still a ways to go before book two can be published, but based on the success book one has gotten, I hope it will do great. 150 downloads by the time of this posting, and the number won't stop going up. I have you all to thank for this, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment