Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Legend of Zelda

I recently finished the latest installment of my favorite video game franchise, the Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds. I'm not much of a gamer; a 3DS is the only system I own, and not for very long. Other than the Legend of Zelda, the only other games I like playing are Call of Duty and Halo.

Anyway, Link Between Worlds for the 3DS did well what I love about Zelda games. The story was interesting and twists around. Dungeons are challenging and full to the brim with puzzles. Lastly, the bosses were fun and challenging, even a little frustrating.

What I really liked, and wasn't expecting, was the way you obtain items. Zelda games are famous for giving you a plethora of items, and in Link Between Worlds you have access to them all from the very beginning. You actually start out renting and buying the items from a shop, not from dungeons. This changes more in the game than you'd think; usually the story line determines the order of dungeons you go through, but now you can do them in any order you wish. It's cool, but it makes money very easy to collect since you need it for items. Also, if you are forced to continue, all of the rented items are taken back, so it's always a good idea to take time to buy your items.

Anyway, its a really good game. If you have a 3DS I'd recommend getting this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment