Thursday, November 7, 2013

 Yup, it's going to be one of those posts. Don't say you weren't warned.

Let me first say I love my friends and my church. These are people I want in my life, else I wouldn't have stayed out here for as long as I have. I do my very best to participate and serve in my church, and I do so faithfully. God is my God and Jesus is my savior, but there are still things that have been said and conversations hardly pertaining to religion that made me just sit back and think "really?"

This is hopefully as political as this blog is going to get. Obama's religious affiliations has been in question ever since he was first elected. I say this here and now and for all time: I do not care about the President's religion. This nation was founded on principles of religious tolerance, and religion plays no part in elections. Until such a time when a law is passed saying religion is a factor, religion will not be my deciding factor next time I vote.

I suppose it was about a year ago I heard that the DC comic book character Green Lantern was gay in the comics. I never really read comic books as a kid, but I saw the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds, so I sort of understand how Green Lantern works. I guess to make a long rant short, he's a fictional character. (spoiler) my book features a gay individual, but it's just a character in a story in no way based on real life, and the same for Green Lantern.

Well, I suppose that's all for today. Working on something new for this weekend, hopefully I'll have it finished by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment