Thursday, October 17, 2013

Two and a half years ago I graduated high school in the top quarter of my class with a 3.6 GPA. The asperations I had were to be a teacher and a writer. College was supposed to be just a means to an end.

For some reason I chose to come out to Odessa. At the time, I suppose my main answer was it was cheaper, and no one else I graduated with was going to Odessa, either. While those reasons are still relavent, I see now why I came out here.

I was sent to Odessa to have my eyes opened to Christ. Three years ago, God was no where on my list of important things in my life, but I have always been on his. I see now that he's watched over me all this time as a loving father. He pushed toward Odessa so that I would meet the church that would change my life. Since the first day I stepped into a church I was just supposed to go for one week, until I found a Catholic church, they have shown me nothing but God's grace and love.

All of those Boy Scout trips and band performances he was there. When I felt neglected by my family and so fed with life I wanted to drive into a tree, he was there, nudging me to carry on. While I didn't know it at the time, he had a plan that was best for me, and it involved me meeting the people at Odessa Bible Church, which has been a million blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment