Monday, October 7, 2013

It's weird to think that the music I like and the shows I watch may not be as popular as what people in other countries have. On a page of best European bands, I recognize out of the top ten only six of the bands, and other European bands I've heard of are further down the list, surrounded by names I don't recognize. And those are just the names I recognize; none of the bands in the top ten of this list are actually in my music library. That's not saying I think they're bad, they just don't have songs I listen to on a regular enough basis.

The one European group I listen to the most is a French percussion band called Les Tambours du Bronx. It's all percussion, and very tribal and high energy.

Music very much helps me write, and so my music library is quite diverse. Different songs fit all different moods I write. I'm slowly branching out into the world of European music, so if you have a band you think I should check out, I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment