Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Nights

Fridays are my Kenosis nights, and I love hanging out with these guys, discussing scripture. Four guys just lounging, but talking and learning, growing as Christians and as friends is more than I could have ever asked for. The appeal of a small group of friends coming together for a common goal is classic but the same time fun and thought-provoking. We do use a book, and I do write down answers, but I learn more from the discussions, and my answers most of the time changes as a result of the way the discussion is going.

It brings to my mind a scene from a book I'm reading for my Third Reich/Holocaust class, Defying Hitler by Sebastian Haffner. Haffner's memoir contains a scene of him and his close friends coming together in a similar manner to discuss philosophy and politics. The image of a group of guys in a smoky lounge room, smoking cigars and drinking fine wines and having a meaningful discussion is an atmosphere I would love to be a part of.

So shout out to my good friends Justin, Chris and Chance. For more information on what we do, Justin's blog is a great place to look, just click here. Justin, if you read this, you're welcome :)

1 comment:

  1. For some reason, it marks my posts as two hours earlier than I actually post things. It is actually eleven when I was posting this, even though it says nine.

    ReplyDelete